Work for the development and promotion of the following (but not limited to):
- OCR system for the languages of Nepal
- TTS for the languages of Nepal
- Machine Translation for the languages of Nepal
- Corpora development(written and spoken)
- Tools to support development of multi-lingual and multi-cultural content for Nepal
Provide research facility to university students working on language technology related issues.
Conduct trainings on language Technologies. Software Development.
"To carry out Research and Development activities and actively involve in technology transfer and acquisition in the field of Language Technologies, to contribute to the advancement of Technologies for the languages of Nepal"
- a world class Research and Development centre on Language Technologies.
- a centre for enabling co-operation and collaboration between the industry and academia in Nepal and abroad.
August 26 - September 21, 2012. Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal. For more details about participation, please visit http://nssnlp.ku.edu.np